Full-Time Development Manager (Washington, DC)
Client is seeking a Development Manager to oversee the organization’s development team. The Development Manager will identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support for the organization.The position is responsible for the recognition and stewardship of individual major donors. The position works with development staff to set performance and department goals, monitors work, and evaluates results to ensure that departmental and operating requirements are met. The Development Manager will also play an integral role in the planning and execution of a future capital campaign.
- Develops and implements an annual plan for departmental operations;
- Leads and manages the members of the Development department including budgeting, program direction, supervision and annual evaluation of assigned staff;
- Develops strategies and approaches to generate ever-higher levels of giving both in the individual and foundation arenas;
- Ensure that all major and planned giving donors receive appropriate and consistent recognition;
- Assist in the stewardship planning process for endowed fund donors;
- Work with other department leaders to ensure that the Development staff is up to date on current activities specific to each area and to seek their help when appropriate with donors and prospects.
- Responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned portfolio of prospects;
- Regional travel for major and planned giving, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Seven plus years of progressive development experience, including areas of annual giving, major gifts, special events, and stewardship;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead a professional level staff;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with an ability to develop immediate rapport;
- Proficiency with donor databases;
- Willingness to travel frequently and to work weekends and evenings;
- A valid driver’s license is required;